Friday, November 5, 2010

Saturday 4 September; Austrian National comp

We went to the gym in our NZ uniform and when we got there we got given competition t-shirts that all the competitors had to wear.

My first qualifier went up a slightly overhanging wall with a little roof at the top. It then swung onto a flat wall facing the first wall and toped out.

Wiz and Josh topped out but me and Peanut fell off near the top.

Our next qualifier went up a gradually steepening wall then onto a massive roof with a 45 degree headwall at the end.

Me and Peanut fell off just before the roof, Josh fell off on the roof and Wiz climbed really well and fell off going to the headwall.

The top ten climbers in each category went through to the final and those of us who went through were:

Junior Male and Youth A Male (all one category)
Jesse

Junior Female and Youth A Female (all one category)
Speedy
Sarah

Youth B Male
Wiz (coming 3rd!)
Josh

Sarah had gone to the supermarket with Mark and Glenda and would have come back in time but the final was moved forward an hour. James told me to run and get her but I think it was too late by then and I couldn't remember where the supermarket was and ran past it. By the time I got back to the gym the finals were starting.

Wiz didn't climb as well as he did in the qualifiers and came 8th. I think Josh came 4th or 5th, I think Jesse came 6th and I think Speedy came 7th, 7th= or 8th. Sarah came 9th, I came 12th or 13th and Peanut came 15th. I can't remember where Tayla and Alex came and Mark didn't compete because he had an injured finger.

After the finals we did Speeds; the route was the official route but with the top hold spun around. There were just two categories, Male and Female. In the qualifiers I had the fastest time out us NZ guys, but in the round of 16 Jesse got a faster time than me, 19.12.

After the prize giving, in which some of us got prizes, we played at the play ground by the gym for a bit. Someone had thrown Tayla and Alex's jandals onto a weedy bank. When we were about to leave I went and collected them but when I thew one of Alex's jandals off the bank it didn't quite make it past the weeds and I looked for it again but I couldn't find it. We all searched for ages but couldn't find it. When me and Alex looked for it again the next time we were at the gym we still didn't find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment