Tuesday, November 16, 2010

13-15 September

We got up early, tidyed up our cottage and left about an hour later than James said we were leaving the night before. When we were at the airport we had to wait a while before we could check our bags in through to Auckland. After we went through security we had another wait before we could board our plane.

Once we were through security at Heathrow James gave us money to buy ourselves lunch and we spent a while looking at different food places until we found a mini supermarket. When we were finished lunch we played cards with a pack of quilt shaped cards Josh had bought until we boarded our flight to Korea.

When we got to Korea we had to go through another security check before we were in the duty-free area. Once we were in the duty-free area I tried to find a lounge where I could rest but the ones I saw were for people with first-class or premium-economy tickets.

When we arived at Auckland airport we had to pick up our bags and go through customs before we could meet our families. Me, Sarah and Mark had another flight to catch so we walked to the domestic airport and I worked out that you had to cross the road before the blue and white line started so thats why I couldn't find it last time. We played cards for a bit then went through to our gates.

On the the plane one of the flight attendants gave me this sports magazine and I found an interview with Kilian Fischhuber and his partner. Kilian is the IFSC number 2 world-ranked competitor.

When I got off the plane I met Mum and Dad and they drove me home. Tessa wanted to come too but she had to go to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment