Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Loki the Trickster

On Sunday 29 May, I went out to the Bronx with Mum and Dad.

After warming up I saw Ivan Vostinar working on a new project and decided to try the climb too. The climb was on Martini roof. It started as for Brassneck (V8), threw to a sloper followed by a hard (for me) toe hook move, and finished along Vision Thing (V7).

Ivan could do the first two moves but fell off on the third. I found a heel hook that made moves after the toe hook not too hard. We made progress; Ivan got all the way to the crux of Vision Thing clean, and I did all the start moves, and sent Vision Thing. Ivan decided he would try do the problem with an earlier and easier exit up Tricky (V5). He got close a few times, but didn't send. I finally managed to do the first moves clean and sent the problem, exiting up Tricky.

Ivan and I think the problem is about V9. I decided to name the climb Loki the Trickster, thinking the extension, finishing along Vision Thing, could be named after another Norse god.

3 comments:

  1. Nice one JJG. Found an easier sequence on move 3, which eliminates some difficulty, probably dropping Loki to V8. Extension seems tricky, I get pumped by the time I get to the match at the end of Vision Thing. Shame about Ivan's chipped hold...JP

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't find the 3rd move that hard. The crux for me was getting into, and doing the moves of, Tricky. Loki and Thor are probably easier than I first thought. I have marked them both down a grade on 8a.

    ReplyDelete